Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fall 2012 Ready to Wear Favorites

The Fall 2012 RTW collections were really incredible this year, but these are some of my favorite designers and pieces.

My absolute favorite designer this season was Marni. I love the 1960's, architectural shapes, and the way the focus was not so much patterns, but the drape and choice of fabrics and the gold accents. Gorgeous.
The shoes!

I'm not always a huge fan of the amount of layering Missoni does, but there were a couple of pieces that were stunning in this collection.
I love the leather paneled pants and the bohemian coats and accessories.

I'm a huge fan of the Chloé collection. Smart, sporty, and sophisticated with just the right touch of flirty femininity.
The last two pieces are from See by Chloé, their new debut sister collection. More accessories, more affordable, love it. Flowy, drapey, feminine, minimal. Everything I love about Chloé, except maybe now I can buy it someday. ;)

Kenzo is always just so fun to look at.
The pants! The jackets! I'm in love. Sporty and hip, but also retro and sophisticated. Great cuts, awesome shapes. I want that tiger sweater sooo bad.

Last but certainly not least was Rodarte. The tailoring was perfection, very pretty, 1940's. In a word, I would describe this collection as poetic.
Fun fact: the sister designers heavily researched aboriginal art and the Australian landscape to inspire them to create this collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment